Primary Activity Feed
The Activity Feed shows the actions that your known contacts, as well as anonymous web visitors, are taking in real-time:
The Activity Feed will show more activity as you begin to use Autopilot. For example, to see:
- Page visits add the tracking code to your pages
- Form submissions track your forms
- Email activity setup and send emails
- Segment events connect and setup Segment
- SMS messages setup and send SMS messages
- Postcards sent setup and send postcards
- Headsup messages setup Headsup messages
- Proactive Headsup messages setup Proactive Headsup messages
- API activity add contacts via the API
- Zapier activity add contacts via Zapier
Contact Activity Feed
When you view a contact, you will see an Activity Feed specific to that contact. This has the same feed items as the primary Activity Feed, as well as additional information such as:
- how they were added (e.g. via an import or Salesforce sync);
- which Journeys they've entered;
- which lists they were added to; and
- when they enter or exit a smart segment.
How does the Activity Feed handle anonymous visitors?
All visitors to your tracked pages are initially treated as anonymous. They are all assigned a unique number so you can see who is a returning vs. a new visitor.
When they become known, all previously anonymous activity will be associated with the relevant contact. Learn how a visitor goes from being anonymous to known.