All Autopilot users are required to comply with this policy when sending mail through Autopilot. If you violate this policy, we may suspend or terminate your account. Please remember that ultimately we're enforcing this policy to protect you, and to help ensure that your deliverability rate remains high.
Acceptable Use Policy
All email sent via Autopilot must comply with the following requirements:
- You can only send to recipients who have opted in to receive email from you.
- You must include our unsubscribe link; it's inserted automatically at the bottom of all emails, however you can customize it if you'd like to do so (but please keep in mind the US CAN-SPAM Act requirement that it be "clear and conspicuous"). You may not use an outside unsubscribe or abuse reporting process.
- You must include your contact information inside every email that you send, including a physical mailing address or PO Box where you can receive mail (not a website or email address).
- You may not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- We require that your emails comply with the US CAN-SPAM Act. Even if you are outside the US, our servers live in the US. We have to make sure all US standards are observed.
- In addition to CAN-SPAM rules, you must comply with the anti-spam laws of the countries your recipients live in. So if you're sending to Canadian residents and US residents, check the Canadian spam laws to make sure you're also compliant in Canada.
Some industries have higher than average spam complaints. In order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, it is at Autopilot's sole discretion to not deliver services to companies that do not comply with industry best practices, including the US CAN SPAM Act, or other generally accepted business practices.
Tips on How to Comply with this Policy
- Never upload or send to purchased lists, rented lists, or third-party lists of any kind.
- Avoid importing contacts who have opted-out from receiving your emails. If you need to do (i.e. if you have a purpose for having the contact in Autopilot other than emailing them), then ensure that you include an email permission field in your spreadsheet, and map that field to Autopilot's email permission field as part of the import. Learn how to do so here.
- If you connect to Salesforce, always sync email permission. This will ensure if someone is opted out in Salesforce, they are opted out in Autopilot (and vice versa). Learn how to do so here.
Questions about this policy? Contact us.